What makes Parkhurst stand apart from ordinary caterers?
At Parkhurst, food is the center of our world. That's why our catered events are more than just a meal. Farm-fresh, flavorful and consistently prepared-from-scratch food is what your guests experience when they eat at any Parkhurst venue in Pittsburgh and the surrounding area. This passion for food fuels our 100% commitment to its freshness.
We pride ourselves on our culinary "Gold Standards", which ensure your guests of always having the freshest and most wholesome meals. These are just some of the many Gold Standards our well-trained event associates live by:
- Scratch-cooking with a focus on fresh, local, non-processed ingredients
- Foods are prepared-to-order or cooked in small batches as close to service as possible, to ensure maximum flavor, nutrients, and freshness
- No MSG or food preservatives are added to any items produced in our kitchen
- Fresh, organic, cage-free eggs
- Seasonal fresh vegetables, cut in-house, locally sourced within 125 miles when available
- All meats prepared for entrees roasted in-house
- USDA Choice or better beef sourced from farms within the region with high standards of animal care, well-being and nutrition
- Only hormone-free milk from independently owned family farms
- Soups and sauces are made-from-scratch
- Only trans fat-free canola oil used
Do you want these same high standards at your next event? Contact Parkhurst Event Catering to get started.